Posted on Monday August 28, 2017
The Town of Matthews has worked with Matthews Alive organizers to ensure participant safety and efficient traffic flow over the Labor Day holiday weekend.
Matthews, NC – The Town of Matthews has worked with Matthews Alive organizers to ensure participant safety and efficient traffic flow over the Labor Day holiday weekend. To do this, the Town of Matthews will close local roads on the following schedule:
- South Trade Street will be closed at 9 a.m. FRIDAY MORNING, from John Street to McDowell Street, extending to Main Street at 5 p.m. The closure will allow safe setup and opening of the festival. This section of Trade Street will reopen by 11 p.m. on Monday, after tear down operations are complete.
- Motorists are encouraged to follow posted detour signs along N.C. 51 and Fullwood Lane around the Festival site.
- Residents with driveways connected to the closed sections of South Trade Street will have access with assistance from Matthews Police.
- The Matthews AliveParade route will also require several closures from 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Matthews Mint-Hill Road to be closed at 7:30 a.m. for parade staging.
- All streets affected by the parade route (with the exception of South Trade Street) will reopen by 12 p.m. at the parade’s conclusion.
- South Trade Street will remain closed, from John Street to Main Street, for the remainder of the Festival.
- The Matthews Kiwanis 5K race will require periodic partial road closures from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. for the safety of race participants. Travel lane and intersection closures will occur intermittently throughout the race in areas designated by Matthews Police when necessary. Every effort will be made to minimize disruptions to vehicular traffic while maintaining safety for runners.