Posted on Tuesday March 24, 2020
In light of today's announcement from Mecklenburg County that a Stay at Home Order will go into effect on Thursday, March 26, we know there are likely many questions and concerns for you and your business. We invite you to join us for a video conference call on Wednesday, March 25 at 7:00 p.m.
Matthews Business Owners: In light of today's announcement
from Mecklenburg County that a Stay at Home Order will go into effect on Thursday, March 26, we know there are likely many questions and concerns for you and your business. We invite you to join us for a video conference call on Wednesday, March 25 at 7:00 p.m.
The goal of this conference call is to provide you with as much information and resources as possible. If you would like to join the call, please send an email with your name and business to [email protected]
: We will not be able to answer specific interpretation questions about how this order applies to you and your business in this format. Rather, please refer to the order from Mecklenburg County
and the FAQ document which expands on the order. If these documents don't answer your questions, please contact the Mecklenburg County's Stay at Home Order Hotline at (704) 353-1926. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Here's an overview of the information that will be presented during the call:
Supporting Matthews Businesses During the COVID-19 Pandemic and Local Stay at Home Order
- Introduction (John Higdon, Mayor of Matthews)
- Why the Stay at Home Order was needed (Roland Bibeau, President, Novant Matthews Medical Center)
- Stay at Home Order: What it means for your business (Rob Kinniburgh, Fire Chief, Town of Matthews)
- Helping Protect Your Business & Our Community During this Time (Clark Pennington, Police Chief, Town of Matthews)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (Tory Summey, Associate, Parker Poe)
- Resources for Local Businesses
- Chamber of Commerce (Kim Gossage, President, Chamber Board of Directors)
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Economic Injury Disaster Loans (Levi Kinnard, Economic Development Specialist, SBA) (3 Minutes)
- Question and Answer Session